Saturday, February 26, 2011

WASHINGTON D.C. 2006

TINA AND I IN-FRONT OF THE WHITE HOUSE IN FALL 2006
Frommer's Washington, D.C. 2011 (Frommer's Complete)
TINA & I - NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM
The White House: Behind Closed Doors
THE WHITE HOUSE
The White House: An Illustrated History


THE TOMB OF THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER
Cold Steel US Army Officer's Saber with All Steel Scabbard
Any excuse to make a trip north to see Tina I took full advantage, this excuse came during a mid-season bye week. The weekend gave Tina and I an opportunity to spend some much needed quality time, so we met at about the half-way point between Davidson and UConn -- Washington D.C.. We stayed in a great hotel and hit all the tourist spots in the city. It was the first time I had been in D.C. since I was real young and really enjoyed it. We made trips to all the Government buildings, the Museum of Natural History, the Holocaust MuseumArlington National Cemetery and some awesome bar that had a 100 beers on tap. It was a typical Tina and Zach trip as we jammed as much as we could into a couple days. I would say the highlight of the weekend would be visiting the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The Soldier, pictured on the right, is guarding the sacred tomb of unknown Soldiers from WWI through the Korean War. Its an absolutely unbelievable ceremony and I hope everyone has an opportunity to experience it. Recently I asked Tina what her best memory of this weekend was she stated "I had the absolutely best Caramel Macchiato from the Starbucks in the hotel....everrrr." That figures but either way we had a great weekend and were sad to see it end.

No comments:

Post a Comment