Sunday, February 6, 2011

DAVIDSON FOOTBALL 2005

DAVIDSON WILDCATS V DRAKE BULLDOGS
Pigskin Warriors: 140 Years of College Football's Greatest Traditions, Games, and Stars
MY FIRST GAME - DAVIDSON FOOTBALL @ VIRGINIA MILITARY INSTITUTE (VMI)
ESPNU Honor Roll: The Best of College Football - Collector's Set
NCAA Football 11










Prior to the '05 season I was named a defensive starter, this was a dream come true and a something I worked for since Pop Warner. After season ending surgery the year prior, stepping out onto the field for my first college game was an unbelievable feeling (Above). I learned fast that as the Free Safety I would have to do three things well to be successful:
   1) Get the Defense into a coverage.....regardless if its the right one
   2) DON'T GET BEAT DEEP!!!!!!!!
   3) Make your presence known by HITTING anyone who comes over the middle

The CATs ended the season with a record of 4-6 and though the record did not show it, we were getting better and heading in the right direction. The highlight of the year came on the last week of the season as our defense dominated Georgetown in a 10-0 victory. I ended my first college season with 4 interceptions and 79 tackles (both good for second on the team). The big surprise came after the season when my 
Corner-back counterpart Pat FitzGerald and I were named to the NCAA 1AA Mid Major All-American Team...granted it was the 'Second' Team but hell the year before I crutching around campus and watching from the sideline. I was proud of the accomplishment but I knew my team and I had a lot of work to do to get where we wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment