Thursday, February 3, 2011

ITS IMMACULATE!!!!!!

Immaculate High School, Danbury, CT
From Left To Right.....
(Chris Jarvis, Kerry Palmer, Jon Kaczka, Me, Anthony Reynolds, Mike Conte)

 I decided that I was going to attend Immaculate High School after attending a New Milford HS (where I would have went) v. Immaculate football game, the score at half to was 42-0 and it looked as though they were playing at an entirely different level. After meeting with Coach Steve Kaplanis and some of the upperclassmen I knew I was going to be a Mustang. The five guys in the picture above, to include about 20  other hooligans from different class years, made my time at Immaculate an unreal high school experience. I was lucky enough to play on some amazing sports teams and do some amazing these during my four years but above all I met the friends I will have forever.  Post-football/baseball/basketball or any game parties, trips to the Bronx for Yankees games or the Meadowlands for Giants games, a Metallica concert at Nassau Coliseum and general tom-foolery made my high school experience perfect.                                                                                               

2003 CONNECTICUT CLASS S STATE PLAYOFFS
Wilson TDS Composite High School Game Ball Football
The culmination of  four years of Mustang Football was our second trip to the state semi-finals (the loss still haunts me and my feet are still cold from the crisp -7 degree night).   A few months after the season I was honored as a First Team All-State Running Back, this accomplishment could not have been possible without my coach, Steve Kaplanis. Coach Kap inspired every kid that played for him and made a positive impact in all of our lives.  MUSTANG PRIDE. 
             
CONNECTICUT CLASS S STATE CHAMPS..BOOK IT!!
Rawlings Official League Baseball 5 oz.
    
The picture above was the last game I played in high school, a win, a State Championship and the third in four years for Immaculate Baseball. In those four years we always had a ton of talent but all the players would admit that it was the coaching that got us the RINGS. Coach Neville and Haddad were dedicated to Mustang Baseball and were a perfect fit for the team. If I were to name ten of my favorite things from high school; one would have been a Tom Neville story and another would be a Artie Haddad batting practice. The team won because we trusted our coaches and we loved playing the baseball together. 











2 comments:

  1. Mustang Pride! Amen! Always thinking of you and the other guys who played during those very special years, Zach. Golden memories that will live forever! Love, MsP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tons of great memories Zach, all the way back to NM youth BB at Nestle's Fields! We all had a great run...swing by when you're in the neighborhood!!

    ReplyDelete